|"There are plenty of eye-witness accounts. Just because you're so narrow-minded you need to have everything shoved under your nose before you–"
This article contains a list of appearances, but currently has few or no notes and references. Please help the Harry Potter Wiki by adding notes and/or references to bring this article to a higher standard of quality.
Cliodna, also known as Cliodne, was a famous Irish witch and druidess who lived in Medieval times. An Animagus with the ability to turn into a sea bird, she was aided by three magical birds that cured the sick by singing them to sleep. It was also said that she could turn into a wave. She also discovered the properties of Moondew. Cliodne appeared on a Chocolate Frog Card.
Magical abilities and skills
- Potions: Cliodna was very skilled with potions, as discovered a new ingredient, Moondew and its properties. Furthermore, she would have needed to have brewed the Animagus potion in order for her to gain the ability to fully transform, a potion known for being highly difficult, complex and time-consuming, showing her proficiency and talent in potions.
- Animagus: She was also a master of transfiguration, being able to turn herself into a sea bird at will.
Behind the scenes
- In Irish mythology, Cliodna was a goddess of love and beauty, said to have three brightly coloured birds whose song healed the sick. She left Tir Tairngire to be with her mortal lover, Ciabhán, but drowned as she slept in Glandore harbour in County Cork.
- She was also rumoured to be the "Queen of the Banshees".
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Mentioned only) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game) (Mentioned only) (Nintendo DS version only)
- Pottermore (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)