At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
The Colour Change Charm (Colovaria) was a charm that changed the colour of the target.
|Penny Haywood||circa. 1985||Used the charm on "Face Paint Kid" to turn his botched Quidditch face paint to his House colours|
|Harry Potter||Pre. 1991||Used this charm unknowingly to change the wig of his teacher at St. Grogory's Primary School a vivid blue colour.|
|June 1996||During Harry Potter's Charms O.W.L. in 1996, he accidentally switched the incantations for this and the Growth Charm, so that instead of turning the rat orange it grew to the size of a badger before he could reverse his mistake.|
|31 July, 1997||Used this charm when he came of age to change the robes of the Chudley Cannons posters in Ron's bedroom to bright blue.|
|Ron Weasley (failed)||1 September, 1991||When he was eleven years old, his brothers Fred and George convinced him to believe that a nonsense poem was this particular charm. The incantation was supposed to turn Ron's rat Scabbers yellow, but being a fake incantation, it caused no change whatsoever. It could also be because Scabbers was an Animagus, not an actual rat.|
|Albus Dumbledore||June 1992||Used this charm non-verbally to change the banners in the Great Hall at the End-of-Term Feast from the green and silver of Slytherin House to the crimson and gold of Gryffindor.|
The incantation for this charm comes from the Latin words color, colour in English, and variāre, which it means vary. So the incantation would mean something like "to to change/modify the colour".
Behind the scenes
- As Harry Potter confused the Growth Charm with this spell, it is probable that the two incantations are similar.
- It is possible that this spell was used on the Mahoutokoro uniform.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 17 (The Man with Two Faces)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 7 (The Sorting Hat)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 31 (O.W.L.s)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Chapter 7 (The Will of Albus Dumbledore)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 6 (The Journey from Platform Nine and Three-Quarters)
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery