At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
In 1994, Harry Potter and his classmates had to brew some for his third-year Potions exam, but was unable to get his batch to thicken, as was required. He thought he saw Severus Snape giving him a zero.
In 1995, Harry Potter read about Confusing Draughts while trying to complete homework one night in his fifth year. His mind was so consumed by worried thoughts that he repeatedly read the same passage of text and then fell asleep with the book still in his hands.
Behind the scenes
- Given that every potion must have a magical component to complete its brewing process, the most likely spell to complete this potion's brewing is the Confundus Charm.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Mentioned only)
- Pottermore (Mentioned only)
- Wizarding World (Mentioned only)
- The Road to Hogwarts Sweepstakes
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (Mentioned only)