At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald. As such, spoilers will be present within the article.
Corvus Lestrange (b. pre 1896 - d. pre 1927) was a French wizard and a member of the pure-blood Lestrange family. He was the son of Corvus Lestrange and Eglantine Lestrange. He married the already married Laurena Kama and had a daughter with her, Leta Lestrange. When Laurena died, he married Clarisse Tremblay and had a son with her, Corvus.
One night, Corvus Lestrange put Laurena Kama under the Imperius Curse and kidnapped and married her. He had a daughter with her, Leta Lestrange. Laurena died shortly after. Corvus never loved Leta, the same as with Laurena. Shortly after he married Clarisse Tremblay. He did not love her either, but he had a son with her, Corvus. When Clarisse died, Corvus was the light in his eyes.
Yusuf Kama, son of Laurena Kama and Mustafa Kama, swore an Unbreakable Vow to kill young Corvus and end the Lestrange lineage as revenge for the abduction of his mother. He mistakenly believed Credence Barebone to be Corvus Lestrange (along with much of the rest of the wizarding world), as he was unaware that a young Leta had switched Corvus in his crib with Aurelius Dumbledore, and attempted to resolve his vow by killing Credence.
Personality and traits
From what is know of his history, Corvus (IV) seemed to be a cold-hearted man who was not above using dark magic or taking another man's wife. Furthermore, he did not care about the consequences of his actions, showing him to be rather ruthless, selfish and egotistical. He did not love his daughter Leta or his second wife, but loved his son. It is possible that his love for his son was because that Corvus (V)'s birth meant the future survival of his family line.
Magical abilities and skills
- Dark Arts: Corvus was able to successfully cast the Imperius Curse on Laurena Kama, allowing him to marry her against her will. His proficiency in casting this Unforgivable Curse implies he was a skilled Dark Wizard.
"Corvus" is Latin for "raven", probably from the Greek κόραξ (korax, "raven"). Corvus is the family name of medium to large black birds including crows, ravens, jackdaws and the like. This is thus an allusion to the Dark nature of the Lestrange family, as such birds (particularly ravens) have often been harbingers of doom in folklore.
Behind the scenes
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (First appearance)
Notes and references
- ↑ He was a member of the Sacred Twenty-Eight Lestrange family.
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (see this image)
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - The Original Screenplay, Scene 91
- ↑ See, for instance, the legend of the ravens at the Tower of London; or edgar Allen Poe's The Raven.
- ↑ https://www.imdb.com/name/nm4909513/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t48