|"Is this all real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
The topic of this article is of a real-life subject that has been mentioned "in-universe" in a canon source. The Harry Potter Wiki is written from the perspective that all information presented in canon is true (e.g., Hogwarts really exists), and, as such, details contained in this article may differ from real world facts.
Count Dracula is a fictional character created by Muggle author Bram Stoker, who appears as the title character and main antagonist in his 1897 Gothic horror novel, Dracula. Dracula, a vampire, was inspired by Vlad Drakul, father of Vlad the Impaler.
Behind the scenes
- In an early version of the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Parvati Patil's boggart would have taken the form of Dracula, who would have been forced into the clothing of Carmen Miranda when Riddikulus was used. The role was even cast, with Yana Yanezic set to play the part, though it is unknown if it was ever filmed.
- Gary Oldman played Dracula in the 1992 film directed by Francis Ford Coppola, who also portrayed Sirius Black in the Harry Potter film series.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film) (Cut from final film)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (Mentioned on a Famous Wizard Card)
Notes and references
- ↑ Prisoner of Azkaban script at the Internet Movie Script Database (archived here via the Internet Archive's Wayback Machine)
- ↑ Yana Yanezic's agency profile