At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald. As such, spoilers will be present within the article.
This woman was an aunt of Credence Barebone.
This woman was caring for her nephew Aurelius Dumbledore. At some point during a ship voyage to America in 1901, the ship she and Aurelius went on sank during a storm. Unbeknownst to her, her nephew was switched in the crib with another baby by a young Leta Lestrange. The life boat she went on capsized, drowning her when she dives into the water trying to save Corvus whom she believed was her nephew.
The aunt of Credence Barebone was described being a dark-haired young woman. She wears a nightdress and life jacket minutes prior before her death.
Judging on her actions the aunt is showed to have taken her responsibility as her nephew's caretaker very serious to the point that she willingly risk her own life to save the child she believed to be him.
Behind the scenes
- She is played by Linda Santiago in Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald.
- This aunt may be Honoria, who never married but did have a relationship with a male wizard.
- It's only showed in the credits and in the manuscript that she is Credence's aunt, it's never showed, if Leta told the others, that the woman traveling with Credence was his aunt, so it's possible, that Newt and his friends do not know yet the woman's connection to Credence. They might assume she was his mother.
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - The Original Screenplay