Cresswell was the surname of a family that started out Muggle. Around 1961, however, a wizard, Dirk Cresswell, was born into the family. In 1998, Dirk was killed by Snatchers, leaving behind a wife and at least two sons.
- Dirk Cresswell — a Muggle-born wizard and the head of the Goblin Liaison Office; killed by Snatchers in 1998.
- Mrs Cresswell — wife of Dirk.
- Cresswell brothers — sons of Dirk.
Behind the scenes
- In Robert Galbraith's first Cormoran Strike novel The Cuckoo's Calling, the victim's brother, who approaches Strike for his services, is mentioned to have a secretary called Alison Cresswell.
Cresswell means "stream where watercress grows," from the Old English caerse, "watercress," and well, "stream" or "spring." It is the name of several villages in England (as is the alternate spelling Creswell).
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (video game) (Mentioned only)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7