Some crows resided in Rubeus Hagrid's pumpkin patch, in the 1993–1994 school year. One of them acted like a guard by sitting on a wood-marker that was holding Buckbeak, waiting for execution. This crow bit Harry Potter when he tried to free Buckbeak. They all flew away when the executioner, Walden Macnair cut a pumpkin in half with his axe. One of them also sat on then-Minister for Magic Cornelius Fudge's bowler. Crows were also often seen hanging out on the top of the Bell towers near the bells. At least from 2017, crows were allowed as pets at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, as some students were seen with crows.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
- Harry Potter: The Creature Vault (Mentioned only)
- Pottermore (Appears as a Patronus)