At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
A Crushing Cabinet was a torture device consisting of an iron cabinet in which a person was slowly crushed, as they found the walls, floor and ceiling closing in. The crushing walls were activated by closing the door shut.
Borgin and Burkes owned a Crushing Cabinet, at least during the summer of 1992, when Harry Potter hid in it to hide from Draco Malfoy after accidentally travelling to Knockturn Alley via the Floo Network.
Behind the scenes
- This cabinet is named only in the script for the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.
- This cabinet replaces the Vanishing Cabinet from the novels in the film and video game adaptations of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, as the cabinet in Borgin and Burkes was not identified as a Vanishing Cabinet until the release of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince almost three years later.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (Console versions only)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery