- "Harry heard the cart smash into pieces against the passage wall, heard Hermione shriek something, and felt himself glide back toward the ground as though weightless, landing painlessly on the rocky passage floor."
During their break-in of Gringotts Wizarding Bank, Hermione Granger used this charm to protect Harry Potter, Ronald Weasley, Griphook, herself, and an Imperiused Bogrod when the Mine Cart in which they were riding derailed after passing through the Thief's Downfall.
The incantation Molliare is possibly derived from the Latin mollire, which means "to soften". This corresponds to the cushioning effect of the spell.
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- Quidditch Through the Ages (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (play)