|"I show not your face but your heart's desire."|
- Daisy Corran: "Hello, Harry. Have you got any rare Potions you don't want any more? I'm prepared to swap my chess pieces if you're interested."
- Harry Potter: "Okay, let's swap these items."
- Daisy Corran: "Thanks, Harry. Don't forget to come back if you want to swap some more."
- — Harry Potter negotiating with Daisy Corran in the Seven Floor's Corridor[src]
Daisy Corran was a Ravenclaw student who began attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in 1990 or 1991. During the 1996–1997 school year, she, Banga O'Deluga, and Justin Steele gave Harry Potter two Beater's bats in exchange for six Gobstones while in the Paved Courtyard. Later that same term, she could be found in the seventh floor corridor, where she traded potions for chess pieces.
The name "Daisy" is from the English word for the white flower, ultimately derived from Old English dægeseage meaning "day eye". It was first used as a given name in the 19th century, at the same time many other plant and flower names were coined.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (PS2 version only)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game) (NDS version only)
Notes and references
- Daisy appears in both the PlayStation 2 version of the Prisoner of Azkaban video game and the Nintendo DS version of the Half-Blood Prince video game. She must therefore have been in Harry's year or the one above it to have still been at Hogwarts during the 1996-1997 term.
- "World Exclusive Interview with J K Rowling," South West News Service, 8 July 2000 - "Hogwarts just serves Britain and Ireland."