Dark Arts was a class taught at several wizarding schools. Unforgivable Curses and Numerous other forms of Dark Magic are taught in this class. It is possible that students were used as victims as a form of punishment.
Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
During the 1997–1998 school year, Amycus Carrow was appointed Defence Against the Dark Arts Professor at Hogwarts, and changed the subject to just Dark Arts. The seventh years learned how to cast the Cruciatus Curse, and possibly how to conjure Fiendfyre and other Unforgivable Curses. After that year, Carrow was replaced and the subject returned to teaching defence.
Behind the scenes
- Dark Arts is the only class confirmed to be taught at more then one wizarding school, though it was only temporary at Hogwarts.
- It is unkown how Neville Longbottom was covered in scars and bruises when he greeted the the trio because the Cruciatus Curse leaves no visible wounds, although it is possible, he was subject to other dark magic that leaves visible signs of torture.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- Harry potter and the prisoner of azkaban video games (pc,ps2,xbox,nintendo gamecube,gameboy advanced)