At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Wizards Unite. As such, spoilers will be present within the article.
For gameplay-specific information, please see the relevant article on the Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Wiki!
Dark Detectors are magical objects that can be used to detect lying, concealment, or even when Dark Wizards or one's enemies are around. However, they should not be relied on too much, as they can be fooled.
Known Dark Detectors
Alastor Moody seemed to own quite a few of these. This is probably because of his overly cautious and paranoid nature. They were used by Barty Crouch Jr when he was impersonating Moody using Polyjuice Potion during the 1994–1995 school year at Hogwarts.
Harry Potter owned two sneakoscopes throughout his Hogwart's years. The first one he got from Ron in 1993 for his Birthday. In 1997 Hermione gave him a new one for his Birthday, as his old one was cracked and worn out.
Following the outbreak of The Calamity and the subsequent establishment of the Statute of Secrecy Task Force in the late 2010s, the British Ministry of Magic supplied members of said department with modified Dark Detectors, which had been "re-purposed" and "attuned" to find hidden Traces created by the Calamity.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film) (Deleted scene)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite
Notes and references
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Chapter 20 (The First Task)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 18 (Dumbledore's Army)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Chapter 1 (Owl Post)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Chapter 2 (In Memoriam)
- ↑ Harry Potter: Wizards Unite