|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is a conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
The biological father of Dean Thomas was a wizard who abandoned his Muggle wife and infant son in a courageous effort to protect them from the Death Eaters. He was soon after murdered by the Death Eaters when he refused to join their cause. His widow, who was never told that her husband was a wizard, eventually remarried a Muggle man, who raised Dean as his own son.
When Dean realised he was a wizard at age eleven, his mother suspected that her first husband might have also been a wizard; however, not knowing for certain, Mrs Thomas left Dean to grow up believing he may be Muggle-born.
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Mentioned only)
- J. K. Rowling's Official Site (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- ↑ Given that he was killed by Death Eaters for refusing to join them, it's highly unlikely that he was a muggle-born. However, there is a small possibily. In rare cases, muggle-borns like Lily Potter were asked to join.
- ↑ Dean Thomas's background (Internet Archive of J. K. Rowling's Official Site)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Chapter 15 (The Goblin's Revenge)