At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
- "Oh, I wouldn't read that if I were you. You'll start seeing death omens everywhere. It's enough to frighten anyone to death."
- — Description of the book[src]
Death Omens: What to Do When You Know the Worst is Coming is a book about what to do when seeing death omens. It was sold at Flourish and Blotts during the summer of 1993. The front cover features a Grim, a large black dog believed to be an omen of death. The author of the book is unknown.
Harry Potter first saw the book in 1993 at the bookshop while purchasing the schoolbooks for his third year. Having seen a similar dog a week earlier, Harry was unnerved by the book. The manager told him not to read the book; otherwise, he would start seeing death omens everywhere.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (First appearance)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Chapter 4 (The Leaky Cauldron)