- "The passageway leading to Nearly Headless Nick’s party had been lined with candles, too, though the effect was far from cheerful: These were long, thin, jet-black tapers, all burning bright blue, casting a dim, ghostly light even over their own living faces. The temperature dropped with every step they took. As Harry shivered and drew his robes tightly around him, he heard what sounded like a thousand fingernails scraping an enormous blackboard."
On 31 October, 1992, this dungeon was where Sir Nicholas de Mimsy-Porpington's five-hundredth Deathday Party was held. Decorations for the event included several black velvet draperies, and a chandelier covered with Jet black candles with bright blue flames.
Behind the scenes
- It is possible that this was the same room as the Deathday Ballroom, which was located in the dungeons too.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film) (Conceptual artwork only)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (First identified as Deathday Party Hall)
Notes and references
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Chapter 8 (The Deathday Party)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) - GBC version
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) - PS1 version