|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is a conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
- "Then, as the pain in the top of Harry’s head gave a particularly nasty throb, Uncle Vernon yelped and released Harry as though he had received an electric shock — some invisible force seemed to have surged through his nephew, making him impossible to hold."
- — Harry using this charge against Vernon Dursley[src]
In August 1995, Vernon Dursley tried to hold Harry around the neck, when he felt a sudden charge like electricity running through Harry and he had to drop him. This appears to have been an automatic defensive response on Harry's part, since there is no indication that he intentionally cast a spell.
- "Umbridge leapt back from Marietta, waving her hands in the air as though they had been burned."
- — Umbridge being subjected to this charge[src]
In 1996, Albus Dumbledore used a similar spell to make Dolores Umbridge let go of Marietta Edgecombe, whom she was shaking violently. This may be a different form of the spell, however, since Dumbledore used his wand to perform it, and it said that Umbridge was waving her hands around like they had been burned.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Possible appearance)