At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Wizards Unite. As such, spoilers will be present within the article.
For gameplay-specific information, please see the relevant article on the Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Wiki!
- "Peaceful, ape-like herbivores with the ability to turn invisible when threatened."
Magizoologist Newton Scamander owned a Demiguise called Dougal who escaped from his suitcase during his visit to New York in 1926 and caused a disturbance in the Ginzberg Delaunay department store while caring for an occamy that had also escaped. He later found them both with a help of Queenie and Tina Goldstein, as well as No-Maj Jacob Kowalski.
Behind the scenes
- A Demiguise appears in the film Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, played by Edd Osmond.
- Given the Demiguise was described as peaceful, it is most likely that they were classified as XXXX because of the fact that special knowledge is required to catch them, not because of any danger. Though Newt Scamander said that Demiguises do bite if provoked.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Mentioned only)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (Mentioned only)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film) (First appearance)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay
- Fantastic Beasts: Cases from the Wizarding World
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (play) (Mentioned only)
- J. K. Rowling's official site
- LEGO Dimensions
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite
Notes and references
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts and where to find them: The original screenplay - scene 91
- ↑ ‘Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them’: 43 Things to Know about the New Wizarding World Story
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- ↑ "'Fantastic Beasts': Meet the Creatures" at Entertainment Weekly
- ↑ J. K. Rowling's official site
- ↑ Writing by J.K. Rowling: "Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry" at Pottermore - Isolt Sayre arrived with The Mayflower in 1620 and encountered a hidebehind after several weeks in the mountains.
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (2017 edition)
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay, Scene 90
|Professor: Bathsheda Babbling|
|Textbooks: Advanced Rune Translation · Ancient Runes Made Easy · Magical Hieroglyphs and Logograms · Rune Dictionary · Spellman's Syllabary|
|Known Runes: Acromantula · Demiguise · Ehwaz · Eihwaz · Fwooper · Graphorn · Hydra · Quintaped · Runespoor · Salamander · Unicorn · Unknown · Mark of Merlin|
|Magical Creatures by classification|
|X||Flobberworm · Horklump|
|XX||Augurey · Bowtruckle · Chizpurfle · Clabbert · Diricawl · Fairy · Ghoul · Gnome · Grindylow · Imp · Jobberknoll · Mooncalf · Porlock · Puffskein · Ramora · Winged horse|
|XXX||Ashwinder · Billywig · Bundimun · Crup · Doxy · Dugbog · Fire crab · Fwooper · Glumbumble · Hippocampus · Hippogriff · Hodag · Jarvey · Knarl · Kneazle · Leprechaun · Lobalug · Mackled Malaclaw · Moke · Murtlap · Niffler · Nogtail · Pixie · Plimpy · Pogrebin · Red Cap · Salamander · Sea serpent · Shrake · Streeler · Winged horse|
|XXXX||Centaur · Demiguise · Erkling · Erumpent · Golden Snidget · Graphorn · Griffin · Hidebehind · Kappa · Kelpie · Merpeople · Occamy · Phoenix · Re'em · Runespoor · Snallygaster · Sphinx · Tebo · Thestral · Thunderbird · Troll · Unicorn · Winged horse · Yeti|
|XXXXX||Acromantula · Basilisk · Chimaera · Dragon · Horned Serpent · Lethifold · Manticore · Nundu · Quintaped · Wampus cat · Werewolf|