At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
- Toad: "CROOOOOAAAK!"
- Friend: "What is that?"
- Tulip Karasu: "A toad. His name is Dennis."
- Jacob's sibling: "I know what a toad is. What's the thing strapped to its back?"
- — Jacob's sibling encountering Dennis and Tulip[src]
During the 1986–1987 school year, Dennis was present when Jacob's sibling arrived to the Transfiguration Classroom with a friend, trying to talk to Tulip Karasu for the first time. Tulip claimed to be busy, and told the newcomers to instead talk to Dennis, who had a Dungbomb strapped on its back. This prompted them to work on defusing the Dungbomb on Dennis before Tulip was ready to talk.
Behind the scenes
- In Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, despite being first identified as a toad by its owner in Year 3 chapter 5, in Year 4, during Care of Magical Creatures, Liz referred to him as a frog, saying that he fancies Fang.
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (First appearance)