At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Magic Awakened. As such, spoilers will be present within the article.
Amy Benson (also a resident of the orphanage) along with Dennis Bishop were taken to the cave (later home to the Horcrux locket), against their will, where Tom Riddle did something so terrible, the two would not speak of it.
Behind the scenes
- In a deleted scene from the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Albus Dumbledore states that the two children taken to the cave were Tom Riddle's fellow students. This could imply that they were also students at Hogwarts, but it is more likely that Tom attended another Muggle school with them for their early education.
The name "Dennis" comes from Denys or Denis, the medieval French forms of Dionysius. Also, the name “Dennis”, comes from the Greek god of wine and insanity, Dionysius, possibly referencing Dennis's mental trauma. Saint Denis was a 3rd-century missionary to Gaul who was beheaded in Paris. He is credited with converting the Gauls to Christianity and is considered the patron saint of France.
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film) (Deleted scene) (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter: Magic Awakened (Mentioned in History of Magic classes)
Notes and references
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 13 (The Secret Riddle)