At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Wizards Unite. As such, spoilers will be present within the article.
For gameplay-specific information, please see the relevant article on the Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Wiki!
The Department of International Magical Cooperation was a division of the Ministry of Magic which, as its name suggests, tried to get wizards from different countries to work together. It functioned similarly to the British Foreign & Commonwealth Office in the Muggle world.
The duties of this department were to work with magical governments of other countries, set standards for trade, create regulations for things like cauldron thickness, interpret international magical law, work with Department of Magical Games and Sports on Triwizard Tournaments, be present at the International Confederation of Wizards, British Seats.
The department was located on the fifth level of the Ministry of Magic, and included the following divisions:
- The International Magical Trading Standards Body
- The International Magical Office of Law
- The International Confederation of Wizards British Seats
- Barty Crouch Snr - killed by his son Barty Crouch Jnr in 1995. When Crouch was transferred to the Head of this department from Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement, Sirius Black considered this to be a demotion by Cornelius Fudge.
- Percy Weasley - began his political career in this department as an assistant to Barty Crouch Snr from 1994 to 1995, prior to his promotion to Junior Assistant to the Minister for Magic.
- Edward Scot was the Lead Liaison Minister of the department during the 2010s.
Behind the scenes
- This department can be considered the magical equivalent of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film) (Mentioned only)
- Pottermore (Mentioned only)
- Wizarding World (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- Writing by J.K. Rowling: "Ministers for Magic" at Wizarding World
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Chapter 5 (Weasley's Wizard Wheezes)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Chapter 16 (The Goblet of Fire)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Chapter 27 (Padfoot Returns)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Chapter 3 (The Invitation)