At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Wizards Unite. As such, spoilers will be present within the article.
For gameplay-specific information, please see the relevant article on the Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Wiki!
The Department of Magical Transportation was responsible for various aspects of magical transport. Madam Edgecombe was an employee of this department. It was located on the sixth level of the Ministry of Magic.
The seal of this department features a Biohazard symbol, maybe in a nod to the dangers entailing each of the four types of transportation (broomstick, Floo powder, Apparition and Portkey.
Both the Hogwarts Express and the Knight Bus were the result of creative ideas from the Minister for Magic of the day, and the Ministry of Magic were as such likely to have been very much involved in bringing said ideas to life, meaning both of them would be likely to have their own subdivision at the Department of Magical Transportation, or at the very least subject to its authority.
Floo Network Authority
- Floo Network. They also regulated the distribution of Floo powder. The Floo Network Authority was responsible for setting up and maintaining the
The network was composed of the fireplaces of all the wizarding buildings, which were interconnected, and it allowed the user, or "passenger", to transport themselves to any other fireplace on the network.
The Floo Network was subject to intense scrutiny by the Ministry. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry's fireplaces were at one time closely monitored for any "questionable activity."
The Floo Network could sometimes temporarily set up a connection between a wizarding building and a Muggle building. One such temporary connection was once put in place between 4 Privet Drive and The Burrow.
Broom Regulatory Control
- Broom Regulatory Control had the authority to determine what factors allowed an individual to use and ride a broom. If a broom had been determined to be dangerous or tampered with to cause damage, this office would confiscate the broom. The
The broomstick regulations were presumably relevant to the work of this office.
- Portkey Office regulated and authorised objects that were turned into portkeys, as well as the network in which they were used. This was slightly similar to the Floo Network Authority. The
Apparition Test Centre
- Apparition Test Centre granted Apparition licences to qualified witches and wizards. One had to be 17 to obtain such a licence. Training was required to prevent the likelihood of splinching. One was usually taught and tested by a qualified Ministry employee, such as is the case at Hogwarts. One such educator in the skill of Apparition was Wilkie Twycross. However, in the case of Side-Along Apparition, the accomplice did not require a licence, provided they were taken by a licenced wizard. The
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Mentioned only)
- Pottermore (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite (Mentioned only)
Notes and references