At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
- "She had blasted a hole in the sitting-room floor. They fell like boulders, Harry still holding onto her hand for dear life, there as a scream from below and he glimpsed two men trying to get out of the way as vast quantities of rubble and broken furniture rained all around them from the shattered ceiling."
- —Hermione Granger's use in 1998[src]
In 1991, sometime in-between 12 September and 31 October, Quirinus Quirrell cast this spell on the floor underneath an unsuspecting Harry in the dungeons as he was going to collect fireflies for Severus Snape, likely in the hope that it would kill him. Harry fell, however, into the Troll Storeroom.
On 30 December, 1997 Hermione Granger used this spell to blast a hole through the sitting room floor of the Lovegoods' house, after Xenophilius Lovegood informed the Trio about the legend of the Deathly Hallows, then tried to turn them over to the Death Eaters Travers and Selwyn in order to get back his abducted daughter Luna Lovegood. The trio narrowly managed to escape.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (First identified as "Deprimo")
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery
Notes and references
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (PS1 version)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Chapter 21 (The Tale of the Three Brothers)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 5, Chapter 15 (Secrets and Lies) - Defence Against the Dark Arts Lesson "Deprimo"
- Given that Harry's Potion class in the game is in between Harry becoming a seeker and before the troll rampage, this is the most accurate possible range, taking into account the faulty timeline of the game.