This individual first met Harry Potter at Diagon Alley during the latter's first visit to the alley, in 1991. There, he offered Harry a Folio Magi and some card combinations. He was very proud to help Harry. When the school year started, he could be seen at the Classroom 5B where he was in charge of a game of pairs with Chocolate Frog Cards.
In 1992 he met Harry Potter again at Diagon Alley, and talked to him about the new card combinations. In the school year, he maintained his post at the Club. This year, he was in charge of giving prizes to students who possessed a certain set of cards.
Behind the scenes
- "A football card! This is what Derek was talking about... I wonder if he would trade this for a Famous Witches and Wizards Card."
- —The cut line (presumably intended for Harry), that named Derek.[src]
- Derek is never referred to by name in the normal gameplay of all the video games he makes an appearance. The line of dialogue that mentions his name was intended to be used in the Game Boy Color version of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. However, this piece of dialogue was cut and went unused, though it still appears in the game's ROM.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game)
Notes and references
- ↑ He must have at least been in his first year in 1991.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Game Boy Color) on The Cutting Room Floor
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) - GBC version
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) - GBC version
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) - GBA version