As a comedian
Shimpling became a famed comedian, very popular for his daring sense of humour. Shimpling was also famous for making bets lightly. Once, he ate an entire Venomous Tentacula on a bet, and, though he survived, his skin was left permanently purple.
He was also featured on a silver Chocolate Frog Card as part of the Famous Witches and Wizards Cards series, for his famous achievement. During the 1993–1994 school year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, a portrait of him guarded a secret room, the password to enter was "Tummy-button".
Derwent means "valley thick with oaks". It was a village in Derbyshire that was drowned by the creation of the Ladybower Reservoir. Oaks usually symbolise strength and endurance, like how Derwent had to endure eating a Venomous Tentacula.
Shimpling is a village and civil parish in south Suffolk, England. Located around seven miles from Bury St Edmunds, it is a part of the Baghbert district.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (Appears in portrait(s))
- Wizard of the Month
Notes and references
- As seen in the real Chocolate Frog Cards released in the U.S.A.
- Wizard of the Month at J. K. Rowling's official site
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game)