|"Is this all real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
The topic of this article is of a real-life subject that has been mentioned "in-universe" in a canon source. The Harry Potter Wiki is written from the perspective that all information presented in canon is true (e.g., Hogwarts really existed), and, as such, details contained in this article may differ from real world facts.
Devon is a large county in the south west of England. It is sometimes called Devonshire, though that is a traditional, not official name. The county has two coastlines: the English Channel in the south and the Bristol Channel in the north. It is bordered by Cornwall to the west and Dorset and Somerset to the east.
Ottery St Catchpole is a small village in Devon that has both Muggle and magical communities within, and is the home of the Weasley, Lovegood, Fawcett, and Diggory families. Nicolas and Perenelle Flamel made their home here as well, at some point prior to their deaths in 1992.
Locations in Devon
- Axminster, the birthplace of the Axminster carpet
- Chudley, home of the Chudley Cannons
- Exmoor (partially)
- Exmoor Quidditch Stadium (possibly)
- Ottery St Catchpole
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (video game)
- Wizarding World
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
- LEGO Harry Potter
- Quidditch Through the Ages (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 13 (Nicolas Flamel) - "Mr Flamel, who cele-brated his six hundred and sixty-fifth birthday last year, enjoys a quiet life in Devon with his wife, Perenelle (six hundred and fifty-eight)."
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Chapter 3 (The Burrow)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Chapter 6 (The Portkey)
- Quidditch Through the Ages, Chapter 2 (Ancient Broom Games)