Devon Murray is a promising young Irish actor. After singing his way to success in talent competitions nationwide, Devon joined the Billie Barry stage school. Later, he transferred to The National Performing Arts stage school and went from strength to strength as his abilities developed and matured. His acting career began in the film “This is my Father“ which opened the door to an abundance of opportunities on the big screen. “Angela’s Ashes“ closely followed by “Yesterday’s Children” increased Devon’s worldwide recognition, paving the way to his role of Seamus Finnigan in the “Harry Potter” series, which has taken the world by storm.
Behind the scenes
- Devon has six horses and three dogs.
- He was supposed to play Young Amsterdam in Gangs of New York (2002) but had to pull out due to scheduling conflicts with Harry Potter filming.
- Devon is an accomplished horse-rider and competes in show-jumping events all over Ireland.
- When he’s not “mucking about” with horses he likes to expend his energy Motor Cross and Quad biking. To relax, Devon likes to hang out with his friends, listen to music and play computer games.
- He has stated that the Kaiser Chiefs are his favourite band.
- He supports Manchester United along with his dad and granddad.
- He is a Roman Catholic.
- His favourite actor /actress are Mel Gibson and Julia Roberts.
- He broke ten prop wands while filming the series.