|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is a conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
In 1995, when Harry Potter was being persecuted by the Ministry of Magic, Luna, while wearing these earrings, expressed her support in Harry. Harry privately wished that people who believed in him were not also inclined to wear such strange and incredibly ridiculous accessories. When Parvati Patil and Lavender Brown laughed at the earrings, Luna mistook them to be laughing at her believing in Harry.
When Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, and Hermione Granger visited the Lovegoods' house in 1998, Harry noticed a bush covered in exceptionally strange and orange, radish-like fruit by the tree, with a sign saying "keep off the dirigible plums", and noted their striking resemblance to Luna's earrings.
Behind the scenes
- In the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Evanna Lynch, who portrays Luna, personally crafted the beaded radish earrings that she wears in the film. Similarly made earrings and other jewellery has subsequently been available for purchase by people in online stores.
- Xenophilius Lovegood claims that the earrings enhances the wisdom of their wearers, but this is not currently proven.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film) (Seen on extra feature on Disc 2)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Mentioned only)
- Wizarding World
- Harry Potter: The Character Vault
- Harry Potter: The Creature Vault (Mentioned only)