- "At once, the statue's hump opened wide enough to admit a fairly thin person."
Behind the scenes
- While initially this appears to be a simple password for the statue, it was used in other media in an attempt to open lockets, out of frustration.
- It is unknown what may happen if Dissendium is used on something else besides passageways, for example it caused a small explosion when it was used in a failed attempt to destroy the locket.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
Notes and references
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Chapter 14 (Snape's Grudge)
- Seeing how he knew of the passage and where it led, it is more than likely he used it. And as one had to perform this spell, to use it, he thus used the spell.
- Hermione retrieved Harry's cloak from beneath the One-Eyed Witch; she needed to have cast Dissendium to open the passage
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.