- "That’s Dorcas Meadowes, Voldemort killed her personally..."
- —Description of Dorcas' death[src]
Dorcas was murdered by Lord Voldemort sometime in the second half of 1981, along with many members of the Order. In 1995, Mad-Eye Moody showed Harry Potter a group photo of the first Order of the Phoenix that included Dorcas.
The name "Dorcas" is derived from Greek δορκας (dorkas) meaning "gazelle".
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film) (Appears in photographs)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (video game) (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- ↑ Dorcas appeared in a photograph with Marlene McKinnon that was taken two weeks prior to Marlene's death in July. This indicates Dorcas was alive in 1981 and must have been killed sometime between then and Voldemort's fall (31 October, 1981).
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 9 (The Woes of Mrs Weasley)