At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
- Fred and George Weasley and Lee Jordan bought some at Gambol and Japes Wizarding Joke Shop in 1992. Fred and George later put on a display of them on the evening of 31 August of that year.
- Harry Potter later borrowed a firework from Fred and used it to explode Gregory Goyle's cauldron in Potions class. This created a distraction that allowed Hermione Granger to slip out of the room to get the boomslang skin that she required.
- On the way to Hogwarts in 1994, Fred's trunk fell open, setting off a number of the Filibuster fireworks he'd packed. The Muggle taxi driver who was carrying the trunk was alarmed by the incident.
- On 24 November of that year, following the first task of the Triwizard Tournament, Lee Jordan let off some of these during a surprise party to celebrate Harry's having gotten past the Hungarian Horntail.
- In 1995 Fred and George Weasley were seen in the Viaduct Courtyard playing with a spark from the fireworks by throwing it into the air and catching it. A crowd of students watched this. It was however interrupted by Dolores Umbridge who pointed her wand and extinguished it.
- In 1996 some sparks from these fireworks exploded and fizzled around in the shop Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes.
Behind the scenes
- James and Oliver Phelps attempted to set off a huge real world version of a Filbuster firework (see image at left) at the grand opening of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. The firework did not go off. A few seconds after the device appeared to fail, however, a huge shower of fireworks went up into the sky in a section of the park close by.
- Since the new Diagon Alley expansion was added to the theme park, Dr Filibuster's Fireworks shop can now be seen as well.
- In Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, if the player choose give Peeves some in order to help them to look for the Marauder's Map, and you have level two in the friendship with Jae Kim, Jae will offer some fireworks to Peeves in order to have his help
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film) (One spark only)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film) (Sparks only)
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
Notes and references
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Chapter 5 (The Whomping Willow)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Chapter 11 (The Duelling Club)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Chapter 21 (The House-Elf Liberation Front)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)
- ↑ Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, year 5, chapter 4