At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Puzzles & Spells. Spoilers will be present within the article.
- Hermione Granger: "I can turn things into dragons now!"
- Ron Weasley: "Wicked! You mean the flying, roaring, burn-down-the-village sort of dragon?"
- Hermione Granger: "Um... no... it's just a very small transfigured dragon..."
- Ron Weasley: "Oh - Shame."
- — Extent of the spell's ability[src]
This spell was taught in third year transfiguration class by Professor Minerva McGonagall, during the 1993–1994 school year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Hermione Granger easily mastered how to cast this spell in class.
The Draconifors Spell transformed the target into a dragon. However, it was only a very small transfigured dragon, around the size of an infant, significantly limiting it's potential for attacking and burning.
Behind the scenes
- It is possible that this is how the Model dragons used in the First Task of the Triwizard Tournament were created.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter: Puzzles & Spells
Notes and references