- Hermione Granger: "I can turn things into dragons now!"
- Ron Weasley: "Wicked! You mean the flying, roaring, burn-down-the-village sort of dragon?"
- Hermione Granger: "Um... no... it's just a very small transfigured dragon..."
- Ron Weasley: "Oh - Shame."
- — Extent of the spell's ability[src]
This spell was taught in third year transfiguration class by Professor Minerva McGonagall, during the 1993–1994 school year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Hermione Granger easily mastered how to cast this spell in class.
The Draconifors Spell transforms the target into a dragon. However, it is only a very small transfigured dragon, around the size of an infant, significantly limiting it's potential for attacking and burning.
Behind the scenes
- There exists a spellbook with information about this spell and how to cast it.
- It is possible that this is how the Model dragons used in the First Task of the Triwizard Tournement were created.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (First appearance)
Notes and references