At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Wizards Unite. As such, spoilers will be present within the article.
For gameplay-specific information, please see the relevant article on the Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Wiki!
- "Well, I've bin doin' some readin'. Got this outta the library — Dragon Breeding for Pleasure and Profit — it's a bit outta date, o' course, but it's all in here. Keep the egg in the fire, 'cause their mothers breathe on em, see, an' when it hatches, feed it on a bucket o' brandy mixed with chicken blood every half hour."
- —Rubeus Hagrid to Harry Potter, Ronald Weasley and Hermione Granger[src]
Rubeus Hagrid borrowed a copy of this book from the Hogwarts Library in 1992 so that he could learn how to care for a dragon egg he had acquired. According to him, the book was outdated, but still contained useful information, such as to keep the egg in a fireplace because the mother dragon would normally breathe fire on them, and that, once hatched, the baby dragon should be fed a bucket of brandy mixed with chicken blood once every half hour.
First sparks, usually accompanied by thick grey smoke, appear at around six months. However, the ability to fly is normally developed later, at around twelve months and your dragon will not be fully mature until he is two years old. Your dragon requires a lot of care during these first few months.
A-Z of Ailments
Symptoms: scales appear dull and flakey.
Treatment: rub affected area with solution of sea salt, tar, and white spirit.
Symptoms: no fire, only dribbles of white[...]
- Essential Equipment
- Recognising Dragon Eggs and Where to Look for Them (in contrast to ostrich eggs, chicken eggs, or crocodile eggs)
- Keep the dragon egg in the fire because their mothers breathe on them
- Newborn dragons should be fed a bucket of brandy mixed with chicken blood once every half hour
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film) (Unnamed)
- J. K. Rowling's official site (Scrapbook)
- Harry Potter Film Wizardry (Revised and Expanded - Page 34)
- The Art of Harry Potter Mini Book of Graphic Design
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite
Notes and references
- "Harry Potter Trio 1st Screen Test" via Internet Archive
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 14 (Norbert the Norwegian Ridgeback)
- "The Scrapbook" on The Harry Potter Lexicon