- "Thirty-six. That's two less than last year!"
- —Dudley's tantrum on his eleventh birthday[src]
Dudley received 36 presents, including a new computer, a second television, a remote control aeroplane, sixteen new computer games, a gold wristwatch, a video recorder, a cine-camera, a remote control, a racing bicycle, (which Harry found odd, as Dudley was very fat and hated exercise if it did not include punching someone), and more. When Dudley counted his presents, he was very angry that he had two fewer than his last birthday. After being corrected by his mother that he had missed one, he started throwing a tantrum, even though there was still one less present. Petunia Dursley promised that when the family went out to the zoo with his friend Piers Polkiss, she would buy him two more presents so he would have one more than the year before.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film)
Notes and references
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 2 (The Vanishing Glass)