- Barty Crouch Snr: "Rosier is dead. He was caught shortly after you were too. He preferred to fight rather than come quietly and was killed in the struggle."
- Alastor Moody: ""Took a bit of me with him, though."
- — The fate of Evan Rosier[src]
Shortly after Lord Voldemort's first fall from power, the Death Eaters were disordered by their leader's sudden disappearance. The Ministry made it their priority to capture these loose criminals and Bartemius Crouch Senior authorised the use of deadly force by Aurors to protect the wizarding community.
Alastor Moody, an Auror of tremendous prestige, went to capture many Death Eaters per his duty, and eventually cornered Evan Rosier. Rosier, however, refused to surrender, and resisted arrest that resulted in a duel with Moody. In what was apparently a ferocious standoff, Rosier managed to blow off a chunk of Moody's nose, but ultimately Moody triumphed and Rosier was killed.
When Death Eater Igor Karkaroff was later captured by Moody, the former offered the Ministry information in exchange for leniency, and attempted to name Rosier as a Death Eater, only to be told that he was killed prior to the trial. Karkaroff feigned compliments to the court, but was dismayed to hear that one of his names were worthless.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film) (Indirectly mentioned only)