At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
He was friends with Jacob from his first day at school until his dying day. The two were noted to be mischief makers by others, and frequently visited Zonko's Joke Shop. At some point, he and Jacob also broke their brooms. He was also friends with the school poltergeist, Peeves. Sometime during the 1970s or 1980s, he died when compelled by R to concoct an Erumpent Potion, which exploded while he was preparing it. After his death, Duncan returned as a ghost and stayed at Hogwarts, though he rarely showed himself to the other residents of the Castle.
Personality and traits
When he was alive, Duncan loved making mischief and was noted to be a mischief maker by others along with his friend, Jacob. After he died, he isolated himself and rarely showed himself to the other residents of the Castle. He was angry and resentful at Jacob for taking the blame for R and joining them.
Magical abilities and skills
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (First appearance) (Appears as a ghost or a spirit)
Notes and references
- He was in the same school year as Jacob, whose year of birth range is given as this. However, if Jacob was 17 on 31 October 1981 and had his birthday in September or October, it is possible he was a sixth year when expelled, making 1965 a possible year of birth for Duncan.
- "World Exclusive Interview with J K Rowling," South West News Service, 8 July 2000 - "Hogwarts just serves Britain and Ireland."
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 5, Chapter 7 (The Life and Death of Duncan Ashe)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 5, Chapter 22 (Agent of Chaos)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 5, Chapter 6 (The Ghosts of Hogwarts)