- "I've got a musical message to deliver to 'Arry Potter in person."
- —A Dwarf attempts to give a valentines letter to Harry Potter
A Dwarf is a short, stocky humanoid magical creature; little is known about them, though they are known to be extremely strong for their size, as one had held Harry Potter by his ankles to give him a letter.
On Valentine's Day in 1993, Hogwarts professor Gilderoy Lockhart, had a whole squad of Dwarfs dressed up as cupids deliver singing valentines around the school, one of which was delivered to Harry Potter from Ginevra Weasley. Later that year, Harry also spotted a few raucous Dwarves in the Leaky Cauldron in Diagon Alley.
Behind the scenes
- In the folklore of Germany and Scandinavia, Dwarfs are a race of small supernatural beings who are known to be good with the axe and usually use axes to guard magnificent treasures buried deep inside the Earth for who ever is ruling over them, usually a queen. They usually look like small men with large heads, wizened faces, wearing animal (usually a sort of goat) masks, long grey beards, weapons as big as themselves, and misshapen legs and feet.
- In the Danish version of the fifth game Dwarf is used by Ronald Weasley as an insult, in the original version Ron just says 'midget'; which in fact could be a reference to the same thing, since the Danish word Dværg gets translated into midget and dwarf.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game) (Insulting nickname (only Danish version))