Sometime in the mid to late seventeenth century, Furmage went on holiday to Cornwall, in southwest England. There, she was the victim of an abduction by Pixies, a species of pesky beast endemic to the region. As a result Ms. Furmage developed a mortal dread of them for the rest of her life.
Later, and most assuredly fuelled by her fear of the Pixies, she strongly campaigned for the British Ministry of Magic to "humanely [destroy]" all of the species. She failed, however, and ended up dying in 1698, still in mortal dread of the mischievous creatures. For her efforts, she was included on a Famous Witch Card, as part of the Chocolate Frog Card series.
Behind the scenes
- The British Ministry of Magic was founded in 1707, nearly ten years after her death. it is possible that she tried to convince the Wizard's Council, or that she returned as a ghost.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Pottermore (Appears on a Chocolate Frog card)