This jinx was used heavily amongst volunteer members of the Statute of Secrecy Task Force during the Calamity in the 2010s. This spell was particularly useful when containing Gnomes, Fire-breathing chickens, Trolls and even other wizards in large bubbles of water, in the form of Confoundables which were guarding various Foundables throughout the wizarding world.
Behind the scenes
- Although referred to as a jinx, it is possible that, given its effect, this is a type of Containment Charm.
- In the Goblet of Fire video game, the spell is used to transfigure Fire Dwelling Salamanders into clouds of bubbles. However, all other video games since this have portrayed the spell as trapping the target into a giant bubble conversely.
- In its first portrayal in the fourth video game, this spell was never actually called the "Ebublio Jinx" formally in the game; its name was assumed by editors of the Harry Potter Wiki, as the game does categorise the spell as a jinx. However, Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery later officially named it the "Ebublio Jinx" when the game released the spell, implying that the game's developers draw much content and inspiration from this wiki.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (video game) (First appearance)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 (Promotional material only)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite