This jinx was used heavily amongst volunteer members of the Statute of Secrecy Task Force during the Calamity in the 2010s. This spell was particularly useful when containing Gnomes, Fire-breathing chickens, Trolls and even other wizards in large bubbles of water, in the form of Confoundables which were guarding various Foundables throughout the wizarding world.
Behind the scenes
- Although referred to as a jinx, it is possible that, given its effect, this is a type of Containment Charm.
- In Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (video game), the spell is used to transfigure Fire Dwelling Salamanders into clouds of bubbles.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (video game) (First appearance)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 (Promotional material only)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite