The London store was located at 521 Diagon Alley, on the North Side of Diagon Alley. It was described as being relatively small, and dark inside, probably because owls are nocturnal creatures. On the outside of the shop, many different colours and species of owls hung in cages, watching all of the passersby.
Rubeus Hagrid bought Harry Potter his pet owl, Hedwig. This was Harry's eleventh birthday present. The owl came from the Diagon Alley location, when Harry visited the alley for the first time on 31 July 1991.
Known owl species for sale
Eeylops sold a variety of different owl species, including:
- Barn owl - 10 Galleons.
- Brown owl - 10 Galleons.
- Screech owl - 15 Galleons.
- Snowy owl - 15 Galleons.
- Tawny owl - 10 Galleons.
- Barred owl - 11 Galleons.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (GBC and PS1 versions only)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (GBC version only)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film) (Briefly)
- Harry Potter: A Pop-Up Book
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- Harry Potter Trading Card Game
- Harry Potter: The Creature Vault (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film) (see this image)
- ↑ Harry Potter Limited Edition - A Guide to the Graphic Arts Department: Posters, Prints, and Publications from the Harry Potter Films (see this image)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 5 (Diagon Alley)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 6 (Draco's Detour)
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 Pottermore