Eleanor Branstone was a witch who started attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in 1994, and was Sorted into Hufflepuff. Eleanor would share a dormitory with Laura Madley who was also sorted into Hufflepuff that year.
- Eleanor is from the Greek and means "light".
- Branstone is a descriptive name and may mean her ancestors either made grinding stones for mills or lived near a place that made them.
Behind the scenes
- Afrikaans: Elna Bruwer
- Bulgarian: Елинор Бранстоун (Elinor Branstoun)
- Chinese (PRC): 埃莉诺·布兰斯通
- Chinese (Taiwan): 埃莉諾·布蘭東
- Dutch: Lena Braafjens
- Finnish: Eleanor Brandstone
- Hebrew: אלנור בראנסטון
- Japanese: エレノア・ブランストーン
- Lithuanian: Eleonora Brenstoun
- Norwegian: Ellen Brannemann
- Portuguese: Elanor Branstone
- Russian: Элеонора Брэнстоун
- Serbian: Еленор Бренстоун (Elenor Brenstoun)
The following languages are the same as the original:
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (First appearance)
Notes and references
- ↑ "World Exclusive Interview with J K Rowling," South West News Service, 8 July 2000 - "Hogwarts just serves Britain and Ireland."
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Chapter 12 (The Triwizard Tournament)
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.