|"There are plenty of eye-witness accounts. Just because you're so narrow-minded you need to have everything shoved under your nose before you–"
This article contains a list of appearances, but currently has few or no notes and references. Please help the Harry Potter Wiki by adding notes and/or references to bring this article to a higher standard of quality.
|"Is this all real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
The topic of this article is of a real-life subject that has been mentioned "in-universe" in a canon source. The Harry Potter Wiki is written from the perspective that all information presented in canon is true (e.g., Hogwarts really exists), and, as such, details contained in this article may differ from real world facts.
- Harry Potter: "The fireplace has been blocked up. You won't be able to get through there."
- Arthur Weasley: "Damn! What on earth did they want to block up the fireplace for?"
- Harry Potter: "They've got an electric fire."
- Arthur Weasley: "Really? Eclectic, you say? With a plug? Gracious, I must see that."
- — Harry explains to Mr Weasley the problem with the Floo connection to the Dursleys'[src]
An electric fire is a Muggle object designed to artificially reproduce the appearance, light, and heat of a real fireplace, without the need for firewood or ventilation. The Dursleys had an electric fire in their home at 4 Privet Drive, and as such had the real fireplace blocked up. This created some difficulty for Arthur Weasley when he had the Dursley's fireplace connected to the Floo Network for an afternoon so that he could pick up Harry Potter and take him to The Burrow for the rest of the summer.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (First appearance)