The elephant is the largest land mammal on earth, characterised by its long trunk, tusks, big, flat ears, column-like legs, and greyish to brown skin. There are two main extant species of elephant as of the 20th century, one (Loxodonta africana) native to Africa, the other (Elephas maximus) native to south and south-east Asia.
At an International Symposium of Animagi held circa 2016, students from Uagadou School of Magic, a school located in Uganda, transformed into their Animagus forms (which included elephants and cheetahs) in a synchronised demonstration.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film) (Appears as statue)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film)
- Wonderbook: Book of Spells
- Pottermore (Appears as a Patronus)
- Wizarding World (Appears as a Patronus)