Chieftainess Elfrida Clagg (1612 - 1687) was a British witch and the Chieftainess of the Wizards' Council either in the fourteenth or seventeenth century. Either way, she was Burdock Muldoon's immediate successor of the post.
As Chieftainess of the Wizards' Council
Clagg was Burdock Muldoon's successor on the post of Chief of the Wizards' Council. Madame Clagg attempted to redefine the classification of Beings and Beasts by declaring that all those magical creatures that could speak the human tongue were Beings. However, this once more caused problems with the beings meeting as the Trolls were again classified as Beings and destroyed the meeting chamber, Jarveys were in attendance and tore as many Council members' ankles as they could, and the Centaurs boycotted the meeting as the Merpeople were not invited. A large delegation of ghosts also attended, but left in disgust of what they later called "the Council's unashamed emphasis on the needs of the living as opposed to the wishes of the dead".
"Elfrida" is from the Old English name Ælfþryð meaning "elf strength" from the element ælf combined with þryð "strength". Ælfþryð was a 10th-century queen of England. This name was rare after the Norman conquest, but it was revived in the 19th century.
- Quidditch Through the Ages
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- Wizard of the Month
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game) (Exploding Snap Famous Wizards Card)
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Wizard of the Month
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Pottermore: Timeline.
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game)
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 J. K. Rowling's Official Site
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - What is a Beast?
- ↑ Quidditch Through the Ages, Chapter 4 (The Arrival of the Golden Snitch)