|"Is this all real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
The topic of this article is of a real-life subject that has been mentioned "in-universe" in a canon source. The Harry Potter Wiki is written from the perspective that all information presented in canon is true (e.g., Hogwarts really exists), and, as such, details contained in this article may differ from real world facts.
Elizabeth II (full name Elizabeth Alexandra Mary; born 21 April 1926) was the reigning queen of the United Kingdom and other Commonwealth countries during the 1990s. She was still queen as of 2020 and became the longest serving monarch of Britain in September 2015.
In September 1991, one of the Queen's corgwn was transformed into a hamster by an unknown witch or wizard, prompting the Improper Use of Magic Office to launch an investigation and question several suspects. The motive behind this attack was unknown at the time, and it is not known if the culprit was ever found.
Muggle authorities, on the other hand, concluded that the Queen's corgi had been stolen and replaced with a hamster as a "cruel" prank. They launched a "full scale" search to attempt to locate the dog.
Depictions and references
Behind the scenes
- In The Queen's Handbag, Queen Elizabeth II lost her handbag and the Prime Minister sent the task of finding it to Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley, and Neville Longbottom. The events surrounding this short skit cannot, however, be considered canon, as it contradicts canon in several points.
- It is unknown if, as Queen of the United Kingdom in the second half of the 20th century, Elizabeth II was ever made aware of the existence of the wizarding world or the wizarding goings-on like the First or Second Wizarding War, like her Prime Minister was.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film) (Mentioned in newspaper)
- The Queen's Handbag (Mentioned only)
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter (Royal cypher appears on streetlamps)
- Fantastic Beasts: Cases from the Wizarding World (Appears on a banknote)