Ellie May Darcey-Alden (b. 4 September 1999) is a former English child actress of film, stage and television who is best known for playing young Lily Evans in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2. She is also known for playing Francesca "Franny" Latimer in the Doctor Who series 7 Christmas special, "The Snowmen." Before joining such large franchises as Harry Potter and Doctor Who, she appeared in minimal parts in British theatre and television. She has also done small-time modelling, commercials, voice over work and competitive dancing.
2009–2011: Harry Potter
Her most notable role came in summer 2008 when she attended an open audition for the latest Harry Potter installment. It was not yet decided by the producers that the final book in the series would be split into two parts and once this decision was made, Darcey-Alden was expected to "re-audition over a year later" in December 2009 and "luckily still met the height and role requirements." She recalled:
- "I remember walking into the audition room, and I'd never seen so many other ginger kids in all my life. And even though I never expected much, I kept advancing through the audition rounds."
- —Ellie on the audition process
On 25 January 2010, she was called back for a second audition at Pinewood Studios where she met director David Yates and worked with a number of other potentials for the parts of young James Potter, Sirius Black, Severus Snape and Lily Evans. During the process, the children were asked to improvise short conversations. She subsequently received a screen-test with then 13-year-old Benedict Clarke (who would be cast as young Severus Snape) "as well as an associated costume, hair and makeup meeting" at Leavesden Studios, where she met then 21-year-old actor Daniel Radcliffe on her first day.
At a 2013 LeakyCon panel in Portland, Oregon, Dracey-Alden further elaborated on her meeting with Radcliffe. She said:
- "This story is when I just had my screen test for Harry Potter. [...] I'm leaving [the office], and the car is waiting outside and I was thinking, ‘Alright.’ And I got my stuff together, and I was just about to leave and the second AD [assistant director] came up and said, ‘Oh, come up to my office. I got something for you, I got someone to see of you.’ I thought, ‘Okay, this is a bit weird.’ And so I came up there and she was [like], ‘Oh yeah, I'd just like you to meet Dan [Radcliffe]. And I thought, ‘Oh my God! Hi! Hi, I'm Ellie!’ And inside my heart's going boom-boom-boom-boom-boom!
[...] And [Dan was] like, ‘Hi! I guess I'll call you Mum!’ And I'm like, ‘Okay!’ [...] And then he's like, to my mum, he said, ‘Oh, you must be Grandma, then.’ And Mum's like, ‘Yeah, sure!’ And I'm thinking, ‘No, Mum!’
[...] And I was so relaxed and thought, ‘Oh yeah...’ We're just having a conversation [...] and the second AD said, ‘Look, the car's waiting, we've got to go, this is your quick hello-goodbye.’ And so, [Dan is] so nice and was just like, ‘Oh, I'm really sorry to keep you waiting, oh my God!’ And I said, ’Okay, bye!’ And I shake his hand and he's like, ‘I'll see you around then!’
And then I walked away [...] and I'm shaking his hand [...] and was like, ’I'm never washing this hand again!’ And Mum looked at me and she turned around to look at Dan. Dan went [gestures], ‘Alright!’ [...] And Mum's like, ‘You played it so cool and you just messed it all up!’ And I'm like, ‘I'm sorry!’"
- —Ellie on meeting Daniel Radcliffe
Radcliffe reportedly setup the meeting, knowing Darcey-Alden had booked the part even though she was unaware at the time.
A few weeks later in February, her mother was contacted by the producers and after school, Darcey-Alden was told that she received the part of young Lily Evans, cast at age 10, in the commercially successful Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2. She said:
- "I screamed, like I straight up screamed, then I cried. It's not something you expect; it's something you create [in your mind]. It's one of those things you go, 'Oh gosh, I wish I could do this. Like, how can I be able to do this?' And it's, like, one of my dreams [to be in Harry Potter], something that sits in the back of your head. And then, when it actually happens, it's really surreal."
- —Ellie on realising she'd be in Harry Potter
In the film, Darcey-Alden appears in a flashback sequence as Harry's mother in her schooldays and reveals how she befriended Snape as a child, which is crucial in explaining the back story of the shady professor and his complex relationship to Harry's deceased parents, particularly his bitter resentment to his father, James.
Although Darcey-Alden was tipped for future success by her agents at Enfield, London-based casting and theatrical agency A&J Management, her parents decided to not treat her passion for acting seriously until she was more mature. Despite this, she resisted her family for a chance in the business, especially for a part in Harry Potter, a role which her mother initially did not believe she would eventually win. When production began, she was not allowed to tell her close friends of her casting in Potter as she left school for Leavesden Studios and Hatfield House to film her scenes. She said:
- "I am still trying to get over that I am actually in Harry Potter. When I got the part, I was so happy I was speechless. It was the best time of my life. It was very funny. Everyone was so friendly to me and it was really fun. At first, it was really difficult to keep the secret. But when my friends did find out, they were so happy for me and supported me all the way through it."
- —Ellie on winning the part of Lily
Filming her scenes along with Benedict Clarke (young Snape), Ariella Paradise (young Petunia), Alfie McIlwain (young James) and Rohan Gotobed (young Sirius) took place in April 2010. Shooting only lasted four days where one scene was shot per day while re-shoots and pick-ups were completed in early 2011.
According to Darcey-Alden and Clarke at a 2013 LeakyCon cast junket in London, production alternated between sets at Leavesden Studios and on location shooting by the River Lea in the gardens of Hatfield Park near Hatfield House in Hertfordshire. Of the river scene in particular, Clarke elaborated by saying:
- "[W]e did so many ludicrous camera angles, we had a camera up on a crane looking down at Ellie and I. And we had a camera crew coming across the river on a boat for one of those, and then they could play around [...] decide what they wanted, how they wanted to pan across the river and take a look at us. I thought it was really outstanding how they had such a ridiculous extent of angles to play with."
- —Benedict Clarke on filming The Prince's Tale
- "We only did half-and-half at Leavesden. [...] There was the actual Hatfield House there and we got to have a look around and it was really beautiful."
- —Ellie on filming The Prince's Tale
Originally, it was planned for Darcey-Alden and Clarke to shoot a sequence on the reconstructed green screen set of King's Cross at Leavesden Studios with young Severus and Lily meeting inside the Hogwarts Express on their way to Hogwarts for the first time. Clarke was meant to call Darcey-Alden a "Mudblood" (much earlier than this occurs in Rowling's novels), leading to a rift between their characters and in their friendship. A Hogwarts Express scene does appear in the final shooting draft of the screenplay; however, no dialogue is present and most notable child characters, including Petunia, make an appearance along with Severus and Lily. Neither version was ultimately produced.
Once location shoots were completed, Darcey-Alden and Clarke joined McIlwain and Gotobed at Leavesden on the set of the Great Hall where the set was divided with one section of the Entrance Hall in ruins for the Battle of Hogwarts sequences; two days of shooting were completed from morning until evening, scheduled a week apart where three hours of school tutoring was provided. Darcey-Alden mentioned in a LeakyCon 2013 panel session that she worked with Dame Maggie Smith the first half of the day and was quoted, jokingly:
- "She spoke to me. It's not my fault."
She later said in detail:
- "When I was filming my Great Hall scene where I had to be sorted, we were rehearsing and I think it was sorting off-camera and I sat on the stool and the Sorting Hat was sort of next to me and I looked down and was thinking, 'Wow! It's the Sorting Hat. Okay!' [...] And then there was Maggie Smith behind me and I've been told, you know, give her a bit of space. You know, let her breathe [and] if she comes up to you, don't talk to her. And I was thinking, 'Oh, I'm really nervous!' Because I've been told not to say anything, not to talk her, just to sit there. And then she comes up to me and she's like, 'Oh, you have beautiful hair!' And I'm like this [mimics gawking], 'Oh my goodness, that's Maggie Smith!' And she's like, 'You have really beautiful hair! Well done! You're really catchy! [sic] Good job!' And I'm like, Thanks... Oh my God!' But because I was so nervous on set and that was the first scene I did, it kind of gave me more confidence. [...] Even though it wasn't advice, it just gave me more confidence to be myself and just have fun and relax and everything. And [Smith is] such a lovely lady. She just comes up to you and talks to you."
- —Ellie on Maggie Smith
A week later, a final day of shooting commenced in the Hogwarts corridor where multiple takes had the four child actors walk and run up the corridor numerous times. The original cut had McIlwain and Gotobed chase a first year Slytherin student, though this detail was eventually omitted. "Though originally the scene was without dialogue," Gotobed revealed in a blog post:
- "I suggested to [David Yates] that I say 'Snivellus' as we pushed through Snape and Lily. David agreed that was a good idea, and even gave me a second line later on in the day, where I was supposed to say 'come on James' at the end of the brief scene. As you already know, both lines were cut for release in favour of [Radcliffe]'s voiceover [sic], which makes more sense in terms of the entire montage."
- —Rohan Gotobed
To satisfy the look of her character as described in the books, Darcey-Alden is naturally red-haired although she was required to wear blue contact lenses to match Daniel Radcliffe's eye colour, given her eyes are brown, as revealed by her co-star Benedict Clarke. Darcey-Alden herself later confirmed that she wore contacts in January 2015 when she was a special guest in a Harry Potter celebration at the Riverview Middle School in New Brunswick, Canada. Through a a live Skype Q&A with a winning classroom, she said:
- "I don't know if you [the class] know what a screen test is, you haven't got the part yet. [...] You stand in front of a green screen in costume, hair, make-up, everything as if you got the part. And then they stand you next to whoever you'll be filming with. So, I stood next to Benedict [Clarke]. And I also stood next to Ariella [Paradise]. And so I stood there in hair, and make-up and everything and after that, [I] got off [for] a couple of hours and I was wearing contacts, [they] took the contacts out, put them in, had my hair up, put it down again..."
Later, on 23 July 2015, she released a photo on Twitter of herself with Daniel Radcliffe posing on the set of Harry Potter to celebrate Radcliffe's 26th birthday, which further supported the fact that she had worn blue colour contacts.Darcey-Alden again stated in an interview on 1 December 2018 that she wore contacts for the entirety of shooting her scenes, saying:
- "So, I actually wore contacts while filming. I don't know what happened in the movie! People ask me this all the time! I was wearing contacts the entire time while filming. I got fitted for them before we started filming. When I was going through costume, hair, make-up and stuff, before we started filming, I sat in front of the Three Davids—David, David David—Yates, Heyman and Barron—and they put in different contacts and they even put in a replicate of the Voldemort contacts, which were really cool, but not Lily. [<laughs] So, they picked which one that they wanted me to wear and I wore them all through filming. Then, I guess post-production, guess things changed. I don't know. People ask me that all the time and I'm like, 'It's not my fault!' But I did wear the contacts, but my eyes are so dark that for Benedict [Clarke], to get his eyes brown, it wasn't an issue because he has light eyes, so to make them dark, it's not an issue. Whereas my eyes are really dark, so to make them lighter with contacts, they were never perfect, but they definitely were a lot lighter."
In the novels, Harry is described as having his mother's bright green, almond-shaped eyes, although Radcliffe never sported any colour-correcting contacts in the films due to a negative reaction to them; J.K. Rowling later commented on this by saying it was not an absolute need that Harry have green eyes in the films, as long as there was a resemblance between his and his mother's. However, the method of using blue contacts ultimately backfired and Darcey-Alden's natural eye colour showed through in the final footage. For an unknown reason, this error was not digitally corrected in post-production, though it could be because of producer David Heyman's dissatisfaction with past attempts.
When later asked by a fan of what it was like to be apart of a popular movie franchise, Darcey-Alden commented:
- "I'm not famous, people don't recognise me. I'm just a normal crazy 12 year old [sic] who was very lucky to be in such a huge film."
Darcey-Alden has been cast in a variety of independent and larger budget films. It was announced on 20 July 2011 via the official A&J Management Twitter that she had been cast in a cameo role in Welcome to the Punch, a British thriller co-starring James McAvoy, Mark Strong and Harry Potter alum Peter Mullan. She appeared briefly in the aeroplane scene seated in the opposite aisle from Elyes Gabel. Other roles include Pranks, a children's ghost story; and Sam & Isobel, a coming of age tale of two young enigmatic children.
In 2012, she returned to the BBC for the Doctor Who series 7 Christmas special, "The Snowmen" as Francesca Latimer, sharing the screen with real-life brother Joseph Darcey-Alden as on-screen siblings and co-starring alongside Jenna-Louise Coleman and Matt Smith. To date, Darcey-Alden is the latest in a line of Harry Potter cast members to have appeared in both Potter and Doctor Who, including David Tennant, Michael Gambon, Helen McCrory, John Cleese, Zoe Wanamaker, Jim Broadbent, Toby Jones, Roger Lloyd Pack, Bill Nighy, Shirley Henderson, Adrian Rawlins, David Bradley, and John Hurt.
Darcey-Alden has appeared at many Harry Potter events and other fan conventions over the years, including the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 cast and crew screening in October 2010, the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 world premiere on 7 July 2011 in Trafalgar Square in London, LeakyCon 2011 in Orlando, Florida, the Warner Bros. Studio Tour London: The Making of Harry Potter in October 2012, LeakyCon Portland 2013, LeakyCon London 2013 and Misti-Con 2013 in Laconia, New Hampshire. In December 2012, she along with Potter alum Ryan Turner (Hugo Weasley) participated in the Leighton Christmas Festival.
It was announced that she would be returning to LeakyCon 2014, which took place in Orlando, Florida from 30 July to 3 August. In January 2015, she appeared as a special guest in a Harry Potter celebration at the Riverview Middle School in New Brunswick, Canada via Skype.
On 6 April 2016, she visited The Wizarding World of Harry Potter Opening at Universal Studios Hollywood on behalf of MuggleNet where she interviewed Harry Potter co-stars Tom Felton, James and Oliver Phelps, Evanna Lynch and Warwick Davis as well as art director Alan Gilmore.
Film and Television
|2008||Television||Tess of the D'Urbervilles (Series 1, Eps. 1-4)||Modesty Durbeyfield|
|2009||Television||Robin Hood (Series 3, Episode 1)||Mary|
|2009||Television||Holby City (Series 12, Eps. 1-2; 11)||Emma Walker|
|2011||Film||Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2||Young Lily Evans|
|2012||Short Film||Pranks||Katie Kruek|
|2012||Television||Doctor Who (Series 7, Episode 6)||Francesca "Franny" Latimer|
|2013||Film||Welcome to the Punch||12-Year-Old Girl (cameo)|
|2013||Television||Borgia (Series 2, Eps. 11-12; deleted scenes)||Felice della Rovere|
|2014||Short Film||Sam and Isobel||Isobel|
|2018||Film||The Nameless||Executive producer|
|2019||Televison||Remnants (Series 1, Eps. 1-13)||Alice|
|2007||Stage Play||Aladdin||Street Urchin||Dir. Peter Duncan|
|2009||Musical||Chitty Chitty Bang Bang||Sewer Child||Dir. Adrian Noble|
New Theatre Oxford
Revamped production of the original 2002 London production
|2009||UK Dance Competition||Mardi Gras||Dancer||Sadler's Wells Theatre|
|2013||Opera||Aida Verdi||Slave Girl||Dir. Ellen Kent|
New Theatre Oxford
|2013||Musical||The Nutcracker Twisted||Dancer||Elite Dance Studio|
|2014||U.S. Dance Competition||47th Annual Miss Dance Drill Team USA: California||Dancer|
|2014||U.S. Dance Competition||KAR: Kids Artistic Revue||Dancer||Dir. Ernest Balderas|
Centinela Valley Center for the Arts
|2014||U.S. Dance Competition||Showstopper!||Dancer||Elite Dance Studio|
Disneyland Hotel, CA
|2014||Fandom Conference||LeakyCon Opening Ceremony||Hermione Granger||Orange County Convention Center|
|2015||U.S. Dance Competition||KAR: Kids Artistic Revue||Dancer||Millikan High School|
|2015||PV Choreo Show||Ensemble Dancer||Palos Verdes High School|
James R. Armstrong Theatre
|2015||Play||Noises Off||Dialect Coach||Dir. Nicole Thompson|
Palos Verdes High School
|2016||PV Choreo Show||"Lose It" Ensemble Dancer||Palos Verdes High School|
James R. Armstrong Theatre
|2016||Musical||Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat||Wives/Pharaoh's Girls/Female Ensemble||Dir. Nicole Thompson|
Palos Verdes High School
|2016||Fandom Conference||LeakyCon Story Part 3 & Closing||The Leaky Cauldron Pub Guests/Ensemble||Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel, LA|
Awards and honours
|2014||Showstopper! Competition 2014||Platinum 1st Place||Group Performance for "Stranded" and "Hold It Against Me" by Elite Dance Studio
Shared with: Hope Millman, Adelaide Deley, Georgia Nelson, Ami Okamoto, Kaitlyn Shim, Brittany Bemis, Allie Thompson, Angelina Lauro, Caitlyn Barresi, Courtney Zwarg, Natalie Womack, Nora Potenti, Rehvyn Rose, Sarah Spencer, Shaylan Mason
- Harry Potter characters: Hagrid, Harry and Snape
- Harry Potter films: Goblet of Fire and Deathly Hallows: Part 1 and Deathly Hallows: Part 2
- Colours: Aqua blue and pink
- Music artists: Lady Gaga and Bruno Mars
- Scenes to shoot from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2: With Benedict Clarke (young Severus) under the tree in Hatfield Gardens and Lily's house sorting in the Great Hall.
Behind the scenes
- As a baby, her mother originally intended to name her "Annie" after the character Little Orphan Annie but decided against it, "as I'd probably be a curly red head!" Ellie explained.
- Her parents share the same first names as fellow English actress Rachel Hurd-Wood's parents—Sarah and Phil. Coincidentally, each couple had decided to hyphenate their daughters' surnames.
- She met the likes of Evanna Lynch, Jason Isaacs, Emma Watson,, J.K. Rowling, Alan Rickman, Helena Bonham Carter, Miriam Margolyes and Rupert Grint, at the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 world premiere on 7 July 2011 in Trafalgar Square, London.
- Since starring in Harry Potter, she has maintained a close acquaintanceship with fellow alum Daniel Radcliffe who she saw perform in The Cripple of Inishmaan at the Noël Coward Theatre.
- Is friendly acquainted with Benedict Clarke, Will Dunn, Ryan Turner, Helena Barlow, Chris Rankin, Scarlett Byrne, Robbie Jarvis, Devon Murray, and Evanna Lynch.
- Her role as Lily Evans was formerly preceded by Geraldine Somerville (as the adult incarnation) and Susie Shinner (as the teenage incarnation), respectively.
- On 28 February 2014, it was announced on MuggleNet that a fan-made Harry Potter prequel entitled The Gathering Storm by a group of students from Emerson College in Boston, MA was in the works and was successfully backed on Kickstarter. Darcey-Alden took to her Twitter a day later that she was interested in auditioning for a part, implying that she hoped to reprise her role as Lily in a reply to the main announcement tweeted by MuggleNet. However, upon learning that the required playing age of the key cast was 16 (she was 14 at the time), she tweeted on 5 March that she thought she was "too young" in a reply to a tweet by The Gathering Storm official film Twitter regarding a deadline for open auditions through video application submissions. The part of Lily Evans eventually went to Laura Tarver.
- Many online sources have confused Ellie with fellow Harry Potter actress Daphne de Beistegui, possibly due to a slight resemblance in their appearances, as well as which young Lily each of them played—Harry's mother, the late Lily Evans or Harry's daughter, Lily Luna Potter.
- Some online sources have also confused her or compared her looks with fellow Twilight actress Mackenzie Foy.
- She somewhat shares a stronger physical resemblance, as described in the books, to Ginny Weasley—ginger hair worn as a long mane, freckles and brown eyes—than she does to Lily Evans—dark, thick red hair worn to her shoulders and brilliant green, almond-shaped eyes.
- She revealed to MuggleNet during a Leakyon Portland 2013 panel that the characters she relates to the most from Harry Potter are Hermione Granger and Ginny Weasley. She stated, "I think because a lot of the characters, the main characters in Harry Potter, they're all kind of [points to Scarlett Byrne and Devon Murray ] your age now growing up... so, it's kind of hard for me. But I think I'm probably part Ginny, part Hermione. Hermione, because she's, 'Books, books, books! School, school, school!' That's kind of me because I'm very 'school', very 'books.' But then Ginny, because she's a really friendly person; she likes to have a bit of fun. She's a bit 'risk takey'; sometimes she'll take risks and stuff, which is me sometimes, depending. [...] Yeah, probably between those two, because it's kind of difficult for me because also [Scarlett and Devon] are a lot older."
- She is a big fan of Muggle Quidditch, and was taught to play by members of the five National teams that participated in the 2012 IQA Summer Games (Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, France, and the United States). She commented to CNN:
- Has been allergic to gluten since she was seven.
- Her preferred genre of film is comedy.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Ellie Darcey-Alden Agency Résumé. A&JManagement.co.uk. Retrieved 1 October 2013.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Darcey-Alden, Ellie. Video: About me! YouTube. 10 February 2017. Retrieved 10 February 2017. Event occurs at 8:27.
- ↑ Darcey-Alden, Ellie. "Twitter Bio." Twitter. Retrieved 12 February 2016.
- ↑ Darcey, Ib. "Ellie May, you all look fabulous! Our beautiful Granddaughter all grown up." Instagram. 30 January 2016. Retrieved 12 February 2016.
- ↑ There is no documentation in any England & Wales births Parish Registers that lists her full legal birth name as "Ellie May."
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Ellie Darcey-Alden Didn't Know She'd Been Cast as Lily When She Meet Daniel Radcliffe. Fan Fest. 18 August 2018. Retrieved 3 December 2018.
- ↑ Humans of PVHS. "I fell in love with acting when I was very young." Facebook. 13 April 2018. Retrieved 23 April 2018.
- ↑ Video: New Potter Kid Actors at LeakyCon 2011. YouTube. 19 July 2011. Retrieved 6 October 2013. Event occurs at 4:33.
- ↑ Gotobed, Rohan. Harry Potter and Me. Wordpress. 4 September 2016. Retrieved 5 November 2016.
- ↑ Video: Embarrassing Moments: Scarlett Byrne, Ellie Darcey-Alden & Jackie Emerson, Leakycon Panel 2013. YouTube. 8 July 2013. Retrieved 6 October 2013. Event occurs at 0:20.
- ↑ New Casting Information for 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.' The Hollywood Reporter. 22 August 2010. Retrieved 27 December 2012.
- ↑ Young Lily Evans cast for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II. SnitchSeeker.com. 22 August 2010. Retrieved 6 October 2013.
- ↑ "MuggleNet Live!: 'My mum told me I won the part of Young Lily Evans after school that day.'" Tumblr. 4 September 2017. Retrieved 23 April 2018.
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 Dir. David Yates. Warner Bros. Pictures, 2011. DVD.
- ↑ McCabe, p. 211. (See Notes.)
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 Ellie's all set for Potter premiere. Oxford Mail. 7 July 2011. Retrieved 4 October 2013.
- ↑ 17.0 17.1 Harry Potter Actors Look Back During Panel. LeakyNews.com. 2 July 2013. Retrieved 20 October 2013.
- ↑ Clarke, Benedict. "When exactly did you film the scenes in DH2? (like, month/year)." Tumblr. 15 January 2012. Retrieved 25 October 2013.
- ↑ Clarke, Benedict. "How long did it take to film your scenes in Harry Potter?" Archived 21 October 2013. Tumblr. 13 August 2011. Retrieved 20 October 2013.
- ↑ 20.0 20.1 20.2 Video: Live From 205 News Interview. YouTube. 6 January 2016. Retrieved 20 April 2016.
- ↑ Video: Harry Potter Cast Junket @ LeakyCon – Evanna Lynch, Scarlett Byrne and More. YouTube. 10 August 2013. Retrieved 20 October 2013. Event occurs at 29:16.
- ↑ "Benedict (Clarke) tells us that originally, he was meant to do a scene between Lily and Snape where the latter calls Lily "a Mudblood" in the Hogwarts Express, creating an argument between them #WTTMS5." Twitter. 1 December 2018. Retrieved 3 December 2018.
- ↑ Kloves, Steve.Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2. Warner Bros. Prod. Ltd., 14 Dec. 2010. Screenplay. p. 99.
- ↑ 24.0 24.1 Gotobed, Rohan. Harry Potter and I. Wordpress. 5 September 2016. Retrieved 5 November 2016.
- ↑ Video: LeakyCon Portland 2013: Scarlet, Ellie, & Jackie Panel. YouTube. 3 July 2013. Retrieved 13 April 2014. Event occurs at 0:01.
- ↑ 26.0 26.1 Clarke, Benedict. "Do you know why they decided to not give the young Lily green eyes?" Tumblr. 13 August 2011. Retrieved 20 October 2013.
- ↑ 27.0 27.1 Middle School in Canada Engages in Awesome "Harry Potter" Week – Mugglenet Contributes With Special Guest. MuggleNet. 20 January 2015. Retrieved 1 February 2015.
- ↑ 28.0 28.1 Harry Potter inspires N.B. middle school's Hogwarts makeover. CTV News. 21 January 2015. Retrieved 1 February 2015.
- ↑ Video: Interview with Ellie Alden (Young Lily Evans) Harry Potter Week Reward. YouTube. 23 January 2015. Retrieved 3 June 2015. Event occurs at 24:40.
- ↑ Darcey-Alden, Ellie. "Happy Birthday Daniel!" Twitter. 23 July 2015. Retrieved 2 April 2016.
- ↑ Video: Interview Ellie Darcey (Lily Potter) - Welcome to the Magic School V. YouTube. 27 January 2019. Retrieved 14 February 2019. Event occurs at 5:20.
- ↑ J.K. Rowling discusses why Harry's eyes didn't have to be green. Hypable. 8 November 2011. Retrieved 20 October 2013.
- ↑ Clarke, Benedict. "Did anyone else notice that in DH, they edited young Snape's eyes from blue to black?" Tumblr. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 20 October 2013.
- ↑ Harry Potter: 10 Changes From The Books That Ruined The Movies - #3. Lily's Eyes. WhatCulture.com. 27 August 2014. Retrieved 11 November 2014.
- ↑ McCabe, p. 43. (See Notes.) "'Jo described Harry's eyes as green,' says David Heyman, 'and so we wanted Dan [Radcliffe] to wear contacts to turn his blue eyes green. The first day, we were filming Harry leaving Hogwarts—waving good-bye to Hagrid—and seemed to be having an allergic reaction to the contacts. Dan is such a sport—he never complains and has always worked through illness and pain. But during the second day of shooting, the woman who was in charge of the contact lenses confirmed that he was indeed having a severe reaction to them. So we took them out. We then tried to digitally alter the colour of Dan's eyes, but it looked artificial and would have distanced the audience from the character. So, Harry's eyes have been blue ever since.'"
- ↑ Darcey-Alden, Ellie. "What's the best thing about being famous?" Twitter. 8 February 2012. Retrieved 25 October 2013.
- ↑ A&J Management. "Well done Ellie Darcey-Alden on your second feature film. 'Welcome to the Punch'." Twitter. 20 July 2011. Retrieved 27 October 2013.
- ↑ Welcome to the Punch. Dir. Eran Creevy. IFC Films/Momentum Pictures, 2013. DVD.
- ↑ Pranks Official Movie Site. Pranks Media. Retrieved 4 October 2013.
- ↑ Lyle Moles, Brendan. Video: Sam & Isobel – Official Teaser Trailer. Vimeo. 2 April 2013. Retrieved 4 October 2013.
- ↑ Lyle Moles, Brendan. Video: Sam & Isobel (Film). Vimeo. 23 May 2013. Retrieved 10 February 2015.
- ↑ 'Harry Potter' actress Ellie Darcey-Alden to appear in Dr. Who Christmas Special 'The Snowmen.' MuggleNet. 14 December 2012. Retrieved 4 October 2013.
- ↑ The Fourth Dimension: The Snowmen. BBC. 27 December 2012. Retrieved 4 October 2013.
- ↑ "The Snowmen." Doctor Who. BBC One, UK. 25 December 2012. Television.
- ↑ Actors Who Have Appeared In Harry Potter And Doctor Who. BuzzFeed.com. 21 July 2011. Retrieved 4 October 2013.
- ↑ Gotobed, Rohan. Harry Potter and How It Changed My Life. Wordpress. 6 September 2016. Retrieved 5 November 2016.
- ↑ World premiere for 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2' set for July 7. Los Angeles Times. 1 March 2011. Retrieved 19 October 2013.
- ↑ Video: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 Premiere London – Magical Omnibus. YouTube. 21 July 2011. Retrieved 19 October 2013. Event occurs at 3:52.
- ↑ Meet the Deathly Hallows actors at LeakyCon 2011! The Leaky Cauldron. 2 June 2011. Retrieved 4 October 2013.
- ↑ 'Harry Potter Studio Tour' – an Actor's Perspective. MuggleNet. 19 October 2012. Retrieved 20 October 2013.
- ↑ Warner Brothers Studio Tour: The Making of Harry Potter – An Actor's Perspective By Ellie Darcey-Alden (Review). MuggleNet. 19 October 2012. Retrieved 20 October 2013.
- ↑ Ellie Darcey-Alden coming to LeakyCon Portland and London! LeakyCon.com. 30 April 2013. Retrieved 4 October 2013.
- ↑ Misti-Con 2013: With Special Guest Ellie Darcey-Alden, Young Lily From Deathly Hallows 2. MistiCon.org. Retrieved 4 October 2013.
- ↑ Leighton Festival puts Harry Potter stars in the Christmas mood. Leighton Buzzard Observer. 3 December 2012. Retrieved 16 April 2014.
- ↑ 'Harry Potter' stars kick off Christmas festivities this past weekend. MuggleNet. 3 December 2012. Retrieved 16 April 2014.
- ↑ Devin Lytle, Robbie Jarvis, and Ellie Darcey-Alden are returning to LeakyCon! LeakyCon.com. 16 May 2014. Retrieved 25 May 2014.
- ↑ Universal Studios Hollywood Tickets Sold Out for WWOHP Opening. MuggleNet. 5 April 2016. Retrieved 18 April 2016.
- ↑ SNAPCHAT TAKEOVER! Follow mugglenetdotcom on Snapchat and get updates from #WWOHP @UniStudios with @Elliedalden! Twitter. 6 April 2016. Retrieved 18 April 2016.
- ↑ Darcey-Alden, Ellie. "I felt back at home at the Wizarding World today!" Twitter. 6 April 2016. Retrieved 18 April 2016.
- ↑ MuggleNet Interviews Tom Felton. YouTube. 9 April 2016. Retrieved 21 April 2016.
- ↑ James and Oliver Phelps Interview. YouTube. 9 April 2016. Retrieved 21 April 2016.
- ↑ MuggleNet Interviews Evanna Lynch. YouTube. 9 April 2016. Retrieved 21 April 2016.
- ↑ MuggleNet Interviews Warwick Davis. YouTube. 9 April 2016. Retrieved 21 April 2016.
- ↑ MuggleNet Interviews Alan Gilmore. YouTube. 9 April 2016. Retrieved 21 April 2016.
- ↑ Video: Act #262 Four Swans Seniors. Dancekar. Retrieved 12 August 2016.
- ↑ Video: The LeakyCon 2014 Opening Ceremony - by GeekyCon. YouTube. 8 October 2014. Retrieved 18 April 2016.
- ↑ "Noises Off." PV High. Retrieved 20 April 2016.
- ↑ Darcey-Alden, Ellie. "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat! Opening night was great yesterday!" Twitter. 16 April 2016. Retrieved 17 April 2016.
- ↑ "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat: Tickets & Info." PVHS Drama. Retrieved 17 April 2016.
- ↑ Future Sea Kings Drama. PVHS Future Sea Kings. Retrieved 18 April 2016.
- ↑ Video: LeakyCon 2016 Story - Part 3. YouTube. 21 October 2016. Retrieved 27 October 2016.
- ↑ Video: LeakyCon 2016 Story - The Closing. YouTube. 24 October 2016. Retrieved 27 October 2016.
- ↑ AnaheimII Overall Score Reports for Showstopper! 2014: Senior (15-19 yrs.) Large. ShowstopperOnline.com. Retrieved 8 August 2014. p. 36.
- ↑ Darcey-Alden, Ellie. "@megan_prasad it's was amazing. I like hagrid, Harry, snape..... And 4 & 7." Twitter. 28 March 2012. Retrieved 15 December 2017.
- ↑ Darcey-Alden, Ellie. "@sweetcm_ilove aqua blue, and pink." Twitter. 21 May 2012. Retrieved 15 December 2017.
- ↑ Darcey-Alden, Ellie. "@Potterhead_s2 I like so many lady gaga Bruno mars ....." Twitter. 30 May 2012. Retrieved 15 December 2017.
- ↑ Darcey-Alden, Ellie. "@LynchAddicted probably the scene under the tree with Benedict and also the sorting hat!" Twitter. 11 June 2012. Retrieved 15 December 2017.
- ↑ Darcey-Alden, Ellie. "Throwback Thursday." Twitter. 21 November 2013. Retrieved 16 February 2015.
- ↑ Darcey-Alden, Ellie. "@jasonsfolly I just wanted to say Hi! We met at the HP DH p2 premiere, I played young Lily Evans in the flashbacks." Twitter. 18 May 2014. Retrieved 25 May 2014.
- ↑ Emma Watson and Ellie Darcey-Alden at the Deathly Hallows Part 2 London afterparty. Watson Uncensored Blogspot. 26 January 2016. Retrieved 13 March 2016.
- ↑ Emma and Ellie Darcey-Alden at the Deathly Hallows Part 2 London after party. Emma Watson Updates Twitter. 26 January 2016. Retrieved 13 March 2016.
- ↑ Darcey-Alden, Ellie. "@mais1potterhead I didn't work with her but I did meet her and she's very nice." Twitter. 28 October 2012. Retrieved 15 December 2017.
- ↑ Ellie Darcey-Alden on IMDb: Photo Gallery. IMDb. Retrieved 15 December 2017.
- ↑ Darcey-Alden, Ellie. "And finally, after a few years having a catch up with my darling son on Friday night." Twitter. 11 August 2013. Retrieved 21 October 2013.
- ↑ Darcey-Alden, Ellie. "Next pic, me with the beautiful sisters @ScarleyByrne and @RHByrne." Twitter. 11 August 2013. Retrieved 21 October 2013.
- ↑ Darcey-Alden, Ellie. "First one, me with my gorgeous screen hubby @Robbie_Jarvis." Twitter. 11 August 2013. Retrieved 21 October 2013.
- ↑ Darcey-Alden, Ellie. "@DevonMMurray I found a cool pic taken of us at leakycon Portland." Twitter. 20 August 2013. Retrieved 21 October 2013.
- ↑ Darcey-Alden, Ellie. "Next pic, me with the stunning @Evy_Lynch." Twitter. 11 August 2013. Retrieved 21 October 2013.
- ↑ Darcey-Alden, Ellie. "WOW great times." Twitter. 1 February 2012. Retrieved 21 October 2013.
- ↑ New fan film: 'The Gathering Storm.' MuggleNet. 28 February 2014. Retrieved 16 April 2014.
- ↑ Darcey-Alden, Ellie. "There's a brand new #HarryPotter fan film in the works, and you can be involved!... Want a part??" Twitter. 1 March 2014. Retrieved 16 April 2014.
- ↑ Rivin, Aaron. Phase One of Casting Has Begun! Director Official Facebook. 20 February 2014. Retrieved 16 April 2014.
- ↑ Darcey-Alden, Ellie."Arrggh I think I'm too young." Twitter. 5 March 2014. Retrieved 16 April 2014.
- ↑ At long last, we are incredibly proud to introduce the key cast of The Gathering Storm: A Marauders Fan Film! The Gathering Storm Official Facebook. 23 March 2014. Retrieved 16 April 2014.
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- ↑ Deathly Hallows Part 2 was disappointing (Rant Alert). Quibblo.com. 1 September 2011. Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- ↑ Photo: "This is the girl who plays Lilly Harry's daughter." Tumblr. 7 August 2014. Retrieved 21 August 2014.
- ↑ The Deathly Hallows Movie(s): News (with Spoilers) v.3. p. 14. Chamber of Secrets Forums. 18 October 2010. Retrieved 8 November 2014.
- ↑ Is the young Lily in Harry Potter also Renesmee in Twilight? Yahoo! Answers. 2012. Retrieved 8 November 2014.
- ↑ Video: LeakyCon Interviews: Ellie Darcey-Alden, Scarlett Byrne, & Devon Murray. YouTube. 3 July 2013. Retrieved 10 September 2014. Event occurs at 18:24.
- ↑ MuggleNet Exclusive Report: 'Harry Potter' actress Ellie Darcey-Alden shares her story of Muggle Quidditch during the Summer Games. MuggleNet. 19 July 2012. Retrieved 1 October 2013.
- ↑ 2012 Summer Games MuggleNet Exclusive: Ellie Darcey-Alden's Summer Games 2012 Report. MuggleNet. Retrieved 1 October 2013.
- ↑ Video: Calls grow for Quidditch to be considered for the Olympics. CNN. (Archived on the official CNN YouTube channel.) 13 July 2012. Retrieved 6 October 2013. Event occurs at 1:22.
- ↑ Darcey-Alden, Ellie. "@potterfanatica_ foods containing gluten but I'm allergic to it so I can't eat it :((." Twitter. 30 May 2012. Retrieved 15 December 2017.
- ↑ Darcey-Alden, Ellie. "@Dasha_Reedwill I like funny films." Twitter. 30 May 2012. Retrieved 15 December 2017.
- McCabe, Bob. Harry Potter Page to Screen: The Complete Filmmaking Journey. First Ed. New York, NY: Harper Design, 2011. Print. ISBN 978-0-062-10189-1.
- Riley, Mark, and Marios Chirtou. The Craft of the Cut: The Final Cut Pro X Editor's Handbook. West Sussex: Wiley, 2012. Print. ISBN 978-1-119-95173-5.
- Ellie Darcey Alden's Official Agency Page at A&J Management
- Ellie Darcey-Alden's Official, Verified Twitter Account
- Ellie Darcey-Alden's Official, Verified Instagram Account
- Ellie Darcey-Alden's Official, Verified YouTube Account
- Ellie Darcey-Alden's Pinterest
- Ellie Darcey-Alden at Pranks Media (Official Movie Website for the short film Pranks)
- Harry Potter Film Series Cast: Ellie Darcey-Alden at MuggleNet
- Ellie Darcey-Alden at Coolspotters.com
- Miss Ellie D Alden, an unofficial fansite