At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
- "'Deletrius!' Mr Diggory shouted, and the smoky skull vanished in a wisp of smoke."
On the 25 August, 1994 after the 422nd Quidditch World Cup, after the reappearance of the Dark Mark cast by Bartemius Crouch Junior using Harry Potter's wand, Amos Diggory used this spell to eradicate the ghostly and frightening image of the Dark Mark in the sky.
Latin verb delere meaning to destroy, from which the English word "delete" is derived, meaning to remove.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (First appearance)
- Pottermore(First identified as Eradication Spell)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Chapter 9 (The Dark Mark)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 5, Chapter 21 (The Search for Peeves) - Charms Lesson "Deletrius"
- ↑ Pottermore - see this URL
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Chapter 9 (The Dark Mark)