|"Harry, your eyesight really is awful."
The title of this article is transcribed from an image. Due to several factors, including poor image quality and difficult-to-read fonts/handwriting, it may have been transcribed incorrectly. If you have a higher quality version of the source image, or a more accurate reading of the text, please visit this article's Talk Page.
Erica J. was a witch and Gryffindor student at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. She once signed up for Quidditch training at seven, Tuesday evening, on a sign-up sheet that was posted on the bulletin board in the Gryffindor Common Room.
- Her name; Erica means several things. In Latin it means Heather. In the ancient language of Norse it means Eternal Ruler. In old German it means Honourable Ruler. The Latin, Erica, is used in gardening terms to mean Heather even in the modern day.
- Her possible surname, Jerankordr, may have come from Indian or Moroccan roots where Jerank is used to describe a type of cuisine.
Behind the scenes
- Her surname may possibly be Jerankordr
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter (Mentioned on a poster)
Notes and references
- "World Exclusive Interview with J K Rowling," South West News Service, 8 July 2000 - "Hogwarts just serves Britain and Ireland."
- (see this image)