At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
- "Well done — a most creditable performance! We are impressed by the breadth of your magical knowledge and your level of insight into the wizarding world."
- —'Exceeds Expectations'-graded W.O.M.B.A.T.[src]
Exceeds Expectations is one of the three passing grades, and one of six grades overall, in the Ordinary Wizarding Levels, Nastily Exhausting Wizarding Tests, and Wizards' Ordinary Magic and Basic Aptitude Tests. It is the second highest mark, immediately below 'Outstanding' and immediately above 'Acceptable'.
Most professors at Hogwarts set their N.E.W.T. classes entrance standards at 'Exceeds Expectations', meaning that the students must acquire such a grade in their O.W.L. in order to continue. Severus Snape however, required an 'Outstanding' from his Potions students. Professor Horace Slughorn, later however, accepted students with 'Exceeds Expectations' when Snape went on to teach Defence Against the Dark Arts.
Recipients of an E
Behind the scenes
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film) (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery