Behind the scenes
- "What you have to do, is to find the Expelliarmus spellbook somewhere beyond the portrait. Once you have the spellbook in your possession, the Expelliarmus spell will be yours to use as you see fit."
- — Gilderoy Lockhart instructs Harry Potter on where to locate the spellbook[src]
- In the console versions of the Chamber of Secrets video game, Harry Potter is chosen by Gilderoy Lockhart to participate the spell's challenge, and to retrieve this spellbook, with Harry (the player) finding the spellbook at the end of the challenge. In the console versions of the Prisoner of Azkaban game that followed, Harry and Ron pick up this book in the Gryffindor Common Room, after taking Hermione Granger's advice.
- Interestingly enough, both the video games in which this spellbook appear in depict the Disarming Charm incorrectly; the games portray it as a charm used to shield the caster and repel spells, which is in fact the effects the Shield Charm. It is unknown why the game developers chose to portray the Disarming Charm inaccurately.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (First appearance) (Console versions)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (Console versions)
Notes and references
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) - Console versions
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) - Console versions
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.